Call for Members 2020
Contemporary science must address increasingly complex problems. Such challenges often require participation from investigators with different backgrounds and areas of expertise. Furthermore, scientific progress frequently requires the coordination of policies and inputs or support from different sectors of society. Yet, early scientific career development tends to favor academic specialization and focus.
Apply for membership online.
Fast | Simple | Reliable
Bringing together young scientists from different disciplines, as well as with business, media, and government representatives can compensate for this pressure to differentiate from other disciplines and society. In addition, the exchange of ideas across disciplines and cultures is expected to expand opportunities for scientists, increase scientific capacity, and contribute to the development and improvement of the country.
The Zimbabwe Young Academy of Sciences (ZIMYAS) will serve as a platform to promote these goals among young scientists and to represent their voice in dialogues of national and international importance.
The call for nominations of young scientists as members of ZIMYAS is now open. Applications are sought from young, independent scholars who combine the highest level of research excellence with a proven passion for delivering impact.
To qualify for nomination, a candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Be in possession of a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in any field of scientific inquiry, where science is defined broadly as encompassing natural sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities, medical sciences, and engineering.
- Evidence of scientific excellence through a proven publication record, and receipt of honors and awards.
- Evidence of activities demonstrating service to society.
- Be under the age of 40 years
- Be willing to actively work towards achieving the goals of ZIMYAS.
Institutions/associations/individuals may nominate more than one candidate. The closing date for the receipt of applications is 24 May 2020.
Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept any late submissions. Should you require any further information please contact +263774356999.
Applications can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or completed online here.