For further information contact the Scientific Excellence team.
The disciplines open for nominations are:
- Agriculture sciences
- Medicine and Pharmacology
- Computer Sciences
- Economics and Business
- Environment and Ecology
- Social Sciences
Nominations are open for research papers that were published in 2020.
- Only papers published in 2020 will be considered. The date of publication considered is the one when the publisher made it available online.
- Nominees should be Zimbabweans under the age of 40.
- Nominees can submit multiple papers for consideration for the awards.
- The research paper should be published in a reputable peer-reviewed national or international journal.
In accordance to the San Francisco Declaration of Research Assessment, the following guidelines will be followed when assessing the research papers:
- Journal-based metrics, such as Journal Impact Factors will not be used to measure the quality of the research papers.
- The following indicators will be used to assess research quality and excellence (read more about this assessment criteria here):
- Relevance – The importance, significance, and usefulness of the research problem, objectives, processes, and findings to the problem context,
- Credibility – The research findings are robust and the sources of knowledge are dependable.
- Legitimacy – The research process is perceived as fair and ethical. This includes the ethical and fair representation of all involved and the appropriate and genuine inclusion and consideration of diverse participants, values, interests, and perspectives.
- Effectiveness – The research generates knowledge and stimulates actions that address the problem and contribute to solutions and innovations.
- Ensure that your lay summary clearly demonstrates the relevance, credibility, legitimacy, and effectiveness of your study.
Call for Research Excellence Assessors
We are looking for assessors for each of the 12 disciplines to help in ranking the submissions. If you are interested, please send us an email.